Federal, State & Local Ties
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins Washington County is a community-based extension of New York's land grant university, Cornell University, and exists through the cooperation of three partners: county, state and federal governments. The following documents describe those partnerships.
- This diagram on the Cornell University Cooperative Extension website illustrates the Cornell Cooperative Extension Organizational Structure and the relationship between campus, state and national extension networks.
- Memorandum of Agreement with Cornell University (166kb PDF): An annual agreement signed by Cornell University and Cornell Cooperative Extension Washington County to carry out the provisions of County Law, State of New York, Section 224, which provides state funding for Cornell Cooperative Extension associations and for area and statewide specialists.
- NYS County Law, Article 5 § 224 - Optional appropriations and contracts for public benefit services Sets forth (in #8) requirements regarding the establishment and operation of county cooperative extension associations, including roles & responsibilities of their boards, funding, and their relationships and contractual obligations with county government and Cornell University.
- Memorandum of Agreement with Washington County (59kb PDF): Required annually for the purpose of establishing and formalizing the transfer Washington County tax funds to CCE-Washington for the work of the Association.
- Constitution & By Laws of Cornell Cooperative Extension of Washington (31kb PDF) [Adopted 2009] 10-page document setting forth the name and objectives of this Association; policies regarding selection, composition, duties and terms of service for its Board of Directors; election of Board officers; provisions for holding meetings; and operating guidelines.
Last updated August 3, 2017